
Barnaby Joyce has defended his fellow One Nation MP over comments suggesting the minor party's migration numbers would not be much different to Labor's.
One Nation MP David Farley said on Sunday the party's migration policy would include an extra 100,000 people annually, on top of the 130,000 it had already flagged.
The overall number would be slightly higher than the forecast 225,000 people under Labor's policy.
The comments from Mr Farley were soon corrected by party leader Pauline Hanson on social media, who said the policy remained to reduce net overseas migration to 130,000 people.
Mr Joyce said Mr Farley had misspoke when he made the comments on migration numbers.

"Show me a political career where people haven't made a mistake, and I'll show you a person who's not told the truth," he told Seven's Sunrise program on Monday.
"I'm not going to throw anybody under a bus. When people are new in parliament, they can sometimes get things incorrect, and that's what happens. God knows, I've done it enough."
Mr Joyce said One Nation's policy remained at 130,000 people annually for net overseas migration.
Federal minister Pat Conroy said the different stances on policy from One Nation showed the party was incoherent on the issue.
"What we saw in the last 24 hours demonstrated why they're not fit to govern," he told ABC Radio.
"We're focused on on making sure that we've got the right migration mix to support the Australian economy, as well supporting our long-term foreign policy objectives."

Immigration Minister Tony Burke was set to make a speech at the National Press Club earlier in August unveiling a change to Australia's migration numbers, but the address was cancelled at the eleventh hour.
The speech was cancelled due to the policy not being signed off by cabinet amid internal disagreement.
The rise of One Nation in opinion polls has spurred a re-think on migration by Labor and the coalition.
Mr Conroy would not say whether the revised Labor policy would be closer to the 130,000 target of One Nation.
"I understand some in the community want answers to this yesterday, but this is a very complex area, and it's important that we get the answer right rather than we get a fast answer," he said.
"We need to be accurate when we're talking about this area, given it's subject to a lot of ... debate."
Current migration numbers are at about 301,000.

The coalition has not flagged its own migration policy numbers, instead stating they would be tied to the number of new houses that are completed.
Opposition frontbencher Andrew Bragg raised eyebrows within the party when he suggested overseas migration be capped at 180,000 in a speech to the National Press Club, which earnt a rebuke from party leadership.
The coalition's home affairs spokesman Jonathon Duniam said the opposition's migration numbers would not be revealed in 2026, and would instead be revealed closer to the next federal election, due to be held by May 2028.
Senator Duniam said the balance needed to be right.
"If we don't have workers doing the jobs we need, if we don't get the right skill set into our country, then we all are worse off," he told ABC Radio.
"One Nation has zero regard for that, as evidenced by the multiple positions they've had on migration policy all over the last few weeks."